photograph by Brian Cohen
Our E-Discovery Approach: Given the legal backgrounds of our people, encompassing decades of complex business litigation experience, we understand that litigation requires a company willing to be in the trenches with you, and to ensure that you meet your discovery deadlines. Our ESI processing procedures are rigorously documented and subject to quality control and assurance. We employ the Sedona Conference standards set forth in “Commentary on Achieving Quality in the E-Discovery Process,” Sedona Conference (2009). Among the Sedona-recommended processes we use are:
- Data accountability and reconciliation techniques
- Strict processing documentation
- Detailed analysis, review and reporting of processing exceptions
- Quality control checks
Our E-Discovery Services: We assist in:
- Early case evaluation: we cull and search millions of documents efficiently and cost-effectively, to quickly whittle down mountains of information to the crucial documents you need to know about at the start
- Participation in Rule 26(f) meet and confers: we provide you with the information to be knowledgeable and persuasive in the initial conferences with the Court involving ESI
- ESI collection and processing: we collect and process ESI in native format and TIFF/PDF formats for all major litigation review software. To learn more about our ESI processing services click here
- Preparation of defensible project and capture plans: we capture data in an organized and documented progression so you can identify what was collected, when it was collected, and why it was collected, what was processed, what was produced, and the logic behind it all
- Preparation of ESI protocols: we prepare detailed and defensible e-discovery protocols for the collection and review of electronic evidence
- ESI sampling: we conduct defensible sampling of ESI for a variety of purposes from testing the efficacy of search terms to issues relating to burden and accessibility
Preparation of expert reports and documentation: we thoroughly document our work for our clients with the preparation of reports, and when requested supporting declarations and affidavits for use in motions to compel, protective orders, injunctive relief and other issues
Unmatched Technical Expertise: bit-x-bit’s technical expertise is unsurpassed in the region. With two certified forensic examiners and an ESI processing manager, bit-x-bit can handle the “unexpected” technical challenges that routinely occur with e-discovery projects. We have the tools to accomplish successful ESI management, and we offer them to you at “best in the industry” prices.
We offer the full range of e-discovery technical services beginning with the preservation of all potentially relevant ESI and concluding with ESI document production. These technical services include:
We welcome questions, so please contact us for a complimentary initial case consultation or to learn more about the services that we offer.
- Creation of data maps and e-discovery collection protocols
- Identification of relevant systems and ESI sources
- Forensic capture and collection of all relevant ESI
- Processing ESI including culling, de-duping, and key word searching
- Preparation of load files and case libraries
- OCRing and TIFF conversion (when required)
- Near de-duping
- Email threading
- Remote data collections
- Legacy data conversion
ESI Research and Development: E-discovery technology never stops evolving, and neither does bit-x bit. We are continuously researching industry trends and refining our processes to improve our efficiency, decrease costs to our clients, and provide our clients with access to the latest technology. Our in house research and development allows us to provide the latest e-discovery technical services such near de-duping and email threading, statistical document sampling, legacy data conversion and remote collection of ESI.
- Identifying “near duplicate” documents to speed your document review: Using a technique called “fuzzy hashing” bit-x-bit uses proprietary software to identify documents that have significant portions of text in common with other documents. Our fuzzy hashing software groups together these “near duplicate” documents (such as email threads, multiple drafts of letters and documents, etc.) and therefore greatly increases the efficiency of your review process, saving your client time and money.